As alluded to in my prior post, I did not follow my plan when installing track in Willoughby Yard, so I have rerouted most of the track and am closer to the design plan. Not that close, actually, but closer than I was. I love to use Micro Engineering track spikes to hold track down. Pulling it right back up is equally easy.
Unfortunately, I ran out of spikes and have placed a new order with FastTracks. When the spikes arrive, I can reroute the remaining section of track that needs to be moved. I think this layout is a much more efficient use of space and is closer to the original drawings.
I attended the Willamette Cascade Train Show today at the Lane County Fairgrounds and took my father along for the ride. We checked out the tables of trains, books, and everything railroad-related but did not find anything we could not live without.